This unit allows students to develop their coaching practices through a step-by-step approach to applying the detailed knowledge gained in the prerequisite unit (Psychology & Wellbeing Foundations). You will put into practice many of the coaching skills covered in the prior unit as well as build a solid foundation for working with clients in a safe, effective, but engaging manner. As you progress you will build various case studies, starting out gently to finally undertaking a full case study. You will gain the confidence to work with clients to explore areas of concern and stages of change, using tools to support clients to move beyond ambivalence so they can create visions and goals, along with action plans to live their life in full wellbeing. Students are provided with a wide array of tools in the course ‘tool kit’ so you don’t need to ‘recreate the wheel’ when you start out. The unit starts out simply, then fleshes out every step and brings it all back to a user-friendly application in the real world. The practical tasks assimilate the assessment tasks you are building your skills and learning along the way.
- 30+ hours of study
- Flexible online learning, everything included
- Untimed assessment task for stress-free learning
- Practical tasks and engaging with other students and coaches
- Study at your own pace – take your time or fast track
- Highly supported and connected study
- Extensive Continuing Professional Development Points (ESSA/ REPSNZ/ ATMS/ FITREC).